Zurück   TT-NEWS Tischtennis Forum > Regional, National & International > International Table Tennis > international discussion (english speaking) > International Table Tennis Forum
Registrieren Hilfe Kalender

International Table Tennis Forum Table Tennis Forum for general discussions
>> powered by TIBHAR

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 07.05.2002, 22:13
Claudio Claudio ist offline
registrierter Besucher
Foren-Neuling

Claudio ist zur Zeit noch ein unbeschriebenes Blatt (Renommeepunkte ungefähr beim Startwert +20)
I think this criterias you have writed, permits a person be one of the best players of the World. But to be the best during all this years you need something more.
You need to be naturally gifted.

Waldner was a little bit arrogant, but he have not told a lie.
Alt 27.11.2005, 15:30
Josip Josip ist offline
registrierter Besucher
Junior-Forenmitglied

Josip gab in der Vergangenheit leider sehr oft Anlass zur Kritik (Renommeepunkte mindestens -40)
AW: Is Waldner arrogant

Zitat:
Zitat von jpetrovs
I just read some statements from JO Waldner and there were two statements that caught my attention:

F: Who do you think is the best player in the history of the sport?
W: Me. I am partly joking, but also partly seriously. Table-tennis has a long history. There were great players and there are great players now. It is hard to say who is the best. But in Europe, I think I am the best.

F: Do you think you are a table-tennis genius?
W: Yes, I do have the natural talent. To be a top athlete, you have to be naturally gifted, or else you will never reach the peak. When I was small, I could beat players 4 or 5 years older than me. I always thought that I was talented.

Well what do you think is he arrogant or just very confident ?
He knew it, we knew it and he said it
Alt 11.02.2006, 18:44
Benutzerbild von Truffel
Truffel Truffel ist offline
Gelegenheits User
Foren-Stammgast 1000

Truffel befindet sich auf einem absteigenden Ast (Renommeepunkte nur noch im Bereich +10)

Normaly I think Waldner isn't arrogant. But in some situations he was arrogant, for example at the Worldcup 2004 he didn't watch the Match between Schlager and Ryu. One of these players was his next opponent.
Alt 21.02.2006, 10:46
Benutzerbild von 40mmfan
40mmfan 40mmfan ist offline
linkshänder
erfahrenes Forenmitglied

40mmfan ist zur Zeit noch ein unbeschriebenes Blatt (Renommeepunkte ungefähr beim Startwert +20)

JOW is selfconfident and his way of play in the 90´s made a devastating impression on his opponents. he often seemed careless or playing cat and mouse with his opponents. if this superiority is arrogance, then yes he is. or he is just a table-tennis genius, who could win a worldmastertitle without loosing a set.
Alt 21.02.2006, 12:39
profispieler profispieler ist offline
Gesperrt
Foren-Stammgast 2000

profispieler ist zur Zeit noch ein unbeschriebenes Blatt (Renommeepunkte ungefähr beim Startwert +20)

well waldner indeed to be seem arrogant!of course he had so many victories so you have so much confident.but to arroganz it is not far.but if somebody can be arrogant it is waldner.because he ist the best player of all times!

Geändert von profispieler (21.02.2006 um 12:41 Uhr)
Alt 22.02.2006, 19:05
Benutzerbild von Mütze
Mütze Mütze ist offline
registrierter Besucher
Foren-Stammgast 1000

Mütze ist zur Zeit noch ein unbeschriebenes Blatt (Renommeepunkte ungefähr beim Startwert +20)

Zitat:
Zitat von jpetrovs
I just read some statements from JO Waldner and there were two statements that caught my attention:

F: Who do you think is the best player in the history of the sport?
W: Me. I am partly joking, but also partly seriously. Table-tennis has a long history. There were great players and there are great players now. It is hard to say who is the best. But in Europe, I think I am the best.

F: Do you think you are a table-tennis genius?
W: Yes, I do have the natural talent. To be a top athlete, you have to be naturally gifted, or else you will never reach the peak. When I was small, I could beat players 4 or 5 years older than me. I always thought that I was talented.

Well what do you think is he arrogant or just very confident ?

hm hmm.....
doesnt he tell the truth?
i knew players that are more arrogant and they arent,and wont ever be "table tennis geniuses"
Alt 22.02.2006, 22:51
Benutzerbild von Thiloho
Thiloho Thiloho ist offline
registrierter Besucher
Foren-Stammgast 500

Thiloho ist zur Zeit noch ein unbeschriebenes Blatt (Renommeepunkte ungefähr beim Startwert +20)

i think the question is a bit shitty. its totally ok to be cocky, if you are right. and waldner is right. nobody can say that he is not extremely gifted.just an example, he won a worldchampionchip without loosing even one single set.
or another question. was he ever really fit and quick or had a good insurance. compared to chinese players or timo boll he is and was fat, lazy, slow and had psycological problems. but he was still more sucessfull and sometimes he is still better.

if michael schumacher would say. hey im nearly a perfect driver. probably the best for all times. would it be cocky? yes. would it be wrong? no.

so i dont see the point.
Alt 26.02.2006, 21:05
waldeanga waldeanga ist offline
registrierter Besucher
erfahrenes Forenmitglied

waldeanga ist zur Zeit noch ein unbeschriebenes Blatt (Renommeepunkte ungefähr beim Startwert +20)

in addition to thiloho!!!

i read an article, jow was in china to play for charity,after that all the cinese people wanted an autograph,he refused their wish and asked a seven year old girl who practised table-tennis....
and he asked her for an autograph,cause of the fact he was so impressed of her trim....

so he isntz arrogant

cya
kool
Alt 05.03.2006, 17:53
Benutzerbild von Truffel
Truffel Truffel ist offline
Gelegenheits User
Foren-Stammgast 1000

Truffel befindet sich auf einem absteigenden Ast (Renommeepunkte nur noch im Bereich +10)

Zitat:
Zitat von profispieler
but if somebody can be arrogant it is waldner.because he ist the best player of all times!
That's right. Though he is the best off all times he isn't arrogant, and I think thats really good. I like his play and his character very much.
Alt 06.03.2006, 13:58
Benutzerbild von V.B.TUS BA
V.B.TUS BA V.B.TUS BA ist offline
Junior
Foren-Stammgast 500

V.B.TUS BA befindet sich auf einem absteigenden Ast (Renommeepunkte nur noch im Bereich +10)

No i think Jan Ove isn´t arrogant, because he has a good character..I think he is a nice player. And he plays very good
Antwort

Lesezeichen

« Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »